Before we began with the demerits and merits of drinking coffee, first let’s talk about compounds in coffee. Coffee naturally contains various compounds like caffeine, antioxidants, and diterpenes. These compounds not only add flavours but also give a healthy effect on our bodies.
COMPOUNDS OF COFFEE:
- Caffeine is a major active compound in coffee. It has various effects. The most noticeable effect is alertness. You feel fresh, more awake, and less tired.
- A study found that people who drink coffee regularly, have a lower risk of Alzheimer, and headache.
- Coffee contains antioxidants naturally. It also includes chlorogenic acids and melanodins, which helps to remove oxidants.
- This includes cafestol and kahweol. Both are naturally present in coffee.
- The research suggested that the consumption of these compounds results in the right serum and LDL cholesterol levels.
HOW DOES DRINKING COFFEE IMPROVE YOUR WORKOUT?
As we know coffee contains caffeine which is responsible for fast response, caffeine sends an alert message to the brain. A call for awake that gives a healthy start to our day. You will feel fresh, less tired, and filled with energy. Let’s see some benefits of drinking coffee before a workout.
1: COFFEE HEALP TO IMPROVE FOCUS
Adenosine is responsible for our sleep. It is a neurotransmitter which breaks down the food for energy. Caffeine creates an alert situation by binding to the adenosine in the brain and removes the brain’s focus from them. Rather, coffee builds focus on the workout.
2: HELPS IMPROVE WORKOUT PERFORMANCE
Once caffeine enters into the body it activates your brain cells, increases blood flow through veins, and increases heart pumping rate. It also increases air intake for smooth functioning.
3: DECREASE MUSCLE PAIN
Due to a heavy workout or a simple workout, not only muscle breakdown occurs, but also the muscles start painting. As we already discussed above that caffeine blocks the adenosine receptors. These receptors are responsible for body pain. Coffee releases some natural pain-killing neurotransmitters. Dopamine and beta-endorphins are also releases by the consumption of coffee and also help us during the workout.
4: HELP IN FAT LOSS
It is one of the greatest benefits of drinking coffee before a workout. By drinking black coffee, it increases metabolism, and use fat cells as an energy source during a workout. It increases the effect of your particular muscle workout. It also helps to cut down extra fat or we can say bad fat.