benefits of red sandalwood: Ingredients like lemon, sandalwood, turmeric, and milk are known to be great for the skin. Chandan is also known as sandalwood is popular as a beauty remedy. The use of sandalwood in skin care is an age-old practice. Not only the white sandalwood but also the red variety of sandalwood has many benefits. Red sandalwood or ‘Rakta Chandana’ gives you many skin benefits when mixed with other skin-friendly ingredients.
In this article, we will explore the skincare benefits of red sandalwood.
1. Clears Up Acne Pimples and blemishes
Red sandalwood powder’s paste and plain water or rose water can help you a lot in preventing those irritating acne and pimples. Red sandalwood has anti-inflammatory,
antibacterial properties that help in the reduction of acne and pimples. It also gives a cooling sensation and reduces
Exfoliating the dead skin layer is one of the benefits of the red sandalwood. Mix mashed papaya with 1 tbsp. of red sandalwood powder. Scrub it gently on your skin. It will reveal a fresh layer of skin underneath. It will act as a great exfoliator and scrubber.
3.Give skin a radiant complexion
If your rough and dry skin is making your complexion lifeless and dark, red sandalwood can be your life savior. One of the benefits of red sandalwood is that it provides a radiant complexion to your skin. To make the radiant complexion mask mix the red sandalwood powder with curd, milk, and turmeric. Wash it off with lukewarm water and get radiant skin.
4.Red sandalwood powder reduces tanning/Sun’s tan
Another benefit of it is that it reduces the Sun’s tan. Apply the red sandalwood with plain curd and see those Sun’s tan marks fading away. It also saves the skin from further tanning. Add cocoa oil and almond oil with red sandalwood powder to reduce the tanning.
5.Helps both oily and dry skin
A skin that is healthy-looking outside is basically properly nourished inside and red sandalwood is one of the best natural ingredients that provide nourishment to the skin cells. Red sandalwood powder is beneficial for both oily and dry skin.
For oily skin
- Red sandalwood powder soaks the extra oil from the skin, thereby keeping it grease-free
throughout the day.
- Make a paste of red sandalwood and lemon
juice. This paste also combats premature aging.
For dry skin
- Make a paste of red sandalwood and coconut oil.
- Both the paste will regulate the secretion of sebum and make the pores tighter as well.
Other uses of Sandalwood Powder:
Red sandalwood also helps in removing the dark spots and pigments from the skin. Other benefits of red sandalwood are:
- Provide relief during skin burns.
- Treats eczema.
- Treats the itchy skin problem.
- Has antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
Frequently asked questions ( FAQS)
1) What are the Traditional uses of red sandalwood? Red Sandalwood is used in traditional herbal medicine as an antipyretic and anti-inflammatory. Its wood is used in the form of a powder or chips is an anti-inflammatory, astringent and tonic. Its paste is used during chronic dysentery and for the treatment of diabetes. It could also be used for sore eyes and throat. It also has an antiseptic property that aids in the healing of wounds and injuries.
The red sandalwood or Rakta Chandana is one of the finest ingredients for your skin. It is primarily used for skin care and beauty purposes. It has many other benefits which make it a “miraculous ingredient.”