This year was already been tough for everyone as we seek every possible method to protect ourselves from the world-wide pandemic caused by a coronavirus. The winter season is around the corner and everyone should have to ensure that our body immunity should be very high during this season change. However the winters are pleasant but it comes with the risk of many seasonal ailments such as cold, cough, flu and viral as well. Taking care of your diet is very cautious in this crucial time and what is better than fruits to boost up your immunity. The natural fruits can be gulped raw, blended in form of smoothies, fruit salad and or in form of Chutney (Sauce), there are a lot of options. Here are some seasonal fruits you must stock up this season to increase your immunity.
7 Best Winter Fruits or Immunity
- Apples: An apple a day, keeps the Doctor away, who did not hear this famous proverb. Apple is full of pectin fibres, Vitamin C and K and a rich source of anti-oxidants. It reduces inflammation and increases immunity. Apple can be eaten raw or in form of Chutney as well.
- Guava: Guavas are one of the favorite of everyone this season. The crunchy, sweet fruit is fully loaded with Vitamin C, fibres and a lot of anti-oxidants that fights the free radical activity and prevents cell damage. Guava is an excellent consumable to reduce weight and it also keeps balance in blood sugar level.
- Pears: This delectable fruit belongs to apple family has a light green, soft exterior and a white juicy and delicate flesh. It is favourite of kids and adults both. Pears are enriched with anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants like vitamin E and C.
- Oranges: Oranges are an excellent source of both vitamin C and calcium. All citrus fruits reduce the risk of seasonal infections and chronic diseases.
- Mosambi: This juicy citrus fruit also belongs to orange family. Mosambi is enriched with vitamin C and anti-oxidants. This is very popular in juice form but ensure not to strain the juice otherwise you will lose out the essential fibres.
- Pomegranate: with the protective benefits of antioxidants, pomegranate is very good for our BP and heart. It increases hemoglobin level in blood and prevents the damage of skin cells.
- Plum: Generally named as Aloo Bukhara in many Indian regions, plum is a treasure of disease-fighting antioxidants, it is also being studied for its cancer-fighting abilities. Plum is a bonus for your immune system.
Don’t forget to stock up all these fruits in this winter season for a perfect immunity system.