In today’s lifestyle, most of us have grown up a very bad habit of being indoor more of the time, rather than outdoor. And this approach has taken a toll on our body metabolism too. According to many types of research, this habit is decreasing the level of calcium and vitamin D in our body. Calcium is an essential element for our body, as it fortifies out bones and we need a proper amount of Vitamin D in our body to absorb calcium. The deficiency of calcium may result in the weakness of bones and other fatal diseases like Osteoporosis.
Calcium and Vitamin D-rich Breakfast
There are many sources of meals around us which provide us with calcium and vitamin D insufficient amount and that can certainly take care of our bones. Here we are presenting a breakfast menu which consists of a lot of calcium and vitamin D rich meals.
- Milk: Milk is one of the best and easily available sources of calcium and vitamin D. Try not to use flavoured milk as it might have added sugar. You can go for a milkshake with added fruits like banana, strawberries etc.
- Desi crepe or Chilla: Lentils and pulses are other sources of calcium. This delicious desi pancake is one of the best choices for breakfast. Chilla is basically made of soaked grounded moong lentils, scrambled paneer and other healthy legumes.
- Spinach Pancake: Spinach is a rich source of calcium, potassium and iron. To make a pancake, boiled spinach is grounded and shallow fried in low-fat oil. This amazing breakfast is so delicious that the children also love it.
- Eggs: Poached and scrambled eggs with multigrain bread is a good breakfast component. The egg is a rich source of energy, protein and calcium. The egg yolk is an amazing supply of vitamin D.
- Dry Fruits and Nuts: A handful of dried figs have more calcium than a glass of milk. Apart from this Almonds and Chia Seeds are also very good sources of calcium and other important nutritious elements. Make sure to manage the intake portion.
- Orange Juice: A healthy breakfast table always contains a lot of juice. Don’t you like it? You can’t say no.
These are some breakfast meals having a rich quantity of vitamin D and calcium, drop your queries and suggestion in comments below.