Protein one of the vital Macronutrient. We can found Protein throughout our body – in muscle, bone, skin, hair, and other body parts. It makes up the enzymes that power many chemical reactions. And also, the haemoglobin that carries oxygen in your blood. Your body is made up of many proteins and proteins keeps you up in that way. Protein is a form of twenty – plus basic building blocks called amino acids. Also, This is because we don’t store amino acids. Our bodies make them in two different ways either from scratch or by modifying others.
How much protein is required by the body? It is simple to calculate. According to the National Academy of Medicine, the amount of protein is required for an adult is 0.8 grams of protein per kg.
- You have a weight of 25kg, so the amount of protein require is 25 multiply by 0.8 and you will get the protein amount which is 20 gram per day.
- And also the amount of calories required is 10% to 35% for each day.
All lots of youngsters, who want to lose fat and build muscle take protein powder. The protein powder becomes the breakfast smoothie to them. But the bigger question come which is are they safe?
Here, are the key points which you need to take to buy protein powder,
- Get to know about your supplements: Many protein powders are considered supplements. But the thing is they are not regulated in the same way that foods and drugs. Some of the protein powder has not proven safe before they marketed it. All the feedback about the product comes from the consumers when they use it. And after it, they handle and address those complaints.
- Read the Ingredients: We all know when we buy a product. There are other things that come in. When you buy protein not only look for protein but also look for other ingredients. Make sure you are not allergic to them. Preservatives are added to keep the product long-lasting. Additional sweeteners like Stevia and monk Fruit or fibre-like inulin that can cause gas and bloat in some people.
- Watch your amount portion: Anything which you take in the excessive amount will only harm you. So, take a note on the amount of protein powder are you taking. And how you are taking play a vital role. Some people take it with milk and some with water. There is another way you can take protein like in smoothies, muffins, waffles.
- Protein from food: Protein powder is great, there is no doubt. But the protein form which we get from the food. It is much better and easily absorbed by the body. Take protein powder are a sideway of protein. The main source should be from the foods. There is a lot of food which are rich in protein like, eggs, whole grains, vegetables, nuts, lean meats, dairy, etc. And from this, you will get other nutrients.